Millions of women taking Thyroid hormone will fail to feel normal again…no matter what their lab tests say! Are you one of these discouraged women? Have you been taking thyroid replacement hormones and told your lab tests are now “normal,” yet you are still suffering with thyroid deficiency symptoms such as these?
Symptoms of Thyroid Deficiency:
• Tired, Sluggish
• Can’t lose weight even with exercise
• Feel cold in hands, feet, or all over
• Require excessive amounts of sleep to function properly
• Increase in weight gain even with low-calorie diet
• Gain weight easily
• Difficult, infrequent bowel movements
• Depression, lack of motivation
• Morning headaches that wear off as the day progresses
• Outer third of the eyebrow thins
• Thinning of the hair on scalp, face or genitals or excessive falling hair
• Dryness of skin and/or scalp
• Mental sluggishness
• Nervous and emotional
• Night sweats
• Brain fog
• Heart palpitations
• Inward trembling
• Increased pulse even at rest
When your thyroid stops working well, your entire body suffers because your thyroid controls every one of your metabolic functions. In our Functional Medicine office we take a whole body approach to thyroid health.
There are scientific reasons why thyroid replacement hormones alone may be failing to help you … and why they may actually be harmful in many cases. Yet, some doctors tell you nothing more can be done for you once your lab results look good … or they conclude your problems are all in your head … or they assume you’re depressed and need to take even more meds! What a predicament!
But here’s the thing: If you’re like so many others in the same situation, you don’t have to put up with a traditional lack of concern about the REAL cause (or causes) of your problems. You have a right to know what your REAL problems are. You have a right to know how you can get your life back!
Causes of Thyroid Deficiency:
The number one cause for low thyroid output in women is typically not even talked about, let alone tested for. Driving lab numbers into the “normal” range by taking thyroid replacement hormones such as T4 will not speak to why millions of the women who try it fail to get relief. It will not stop your suffering from a poor quality of life … from experiencing common symptoms such as those listed above. You’ll need an approach much more comprehensive than simple T4 hormone replacement.